[Info.aoa-nano] Smalltalks about nanoscience "WS2 nanoribbon and all-CVD MoS2-graphene FETs for nanoelectronic devices"

Nano nano at chalmers.se
Mon May 8 09:01:09 CEST 2023

SmallTalk [about Nanoscience]
On Monday May 15th at 15.00h we welcome you all to our SmallTalk seminar series. You are welcome to join us in lecture hall Kollektorn, MC2 with fika or on zoom.
Our speaker is Anamul Md Hoque​, PhD student at Quantum Device Physics, Department of Microtechnology and Nanoscience. The seminar is titled “WS2 nanoribbon and all-CVD MoS2-graphene FETs for nanoelectronic devices​”.
Abstract: It has been 75 years since the invention of the transistor that heralded the modern electronic age. Two-dimensional (2D) semiconducting transition metal dichalcogenides (TMDCs) have attracted tremendous interest for high-performance and energy-efficient nanoscale field-effect transistors (FETs). Despite recent advances in down-scaling the gate and channel lengths, the fabrication of sub-25 nm narrow channel of TMDC FETs remained challenging. In my talk, I will demonstrate the fabrication of tungsten disulfide (WS2) nanoribbon down to sub-10 nm width. Nanoribbon FETs exhibit good transistor performance, where the transport parameters are governed by the narrow channel effects. In addition, scalable chemical vapour deposition (CVD)-grown MoS2 and graphene FETs are very promising for future nanodevices, especially for flexible solar cells, memory devices, and neuromorphic computing. I will also show transport properties, memristive switching, and Schottky barrier analysis in CVD-grown MoS2 -graphene heterostructure FET devices. These findings open the door for the fabrication of future-generation nanometer-scale transistors, sensors, and optoelectronic devices based on van der Waals semiconductors.
The seminar is divided into two parts, where the first part consists of a pure overview of the field and is held on a generally accessible level (10 min). The second part will be more technical (15-20 minutes).
Looking forward to seeing you live or on Zoom:  https://chalmers.zoom.us/j/63018620593#success
Best regards,
Alexandra, Philippe, Christoph, and Janine