[Info.aoa-nano] Smalltalks "Multiscale X-ray imaging of pharmaceutical dosage forms"

Nano nano at chalmers.se
Fri Dec 22 10:46:29 CET 2023

SmallTalk [about Nanoscience]
On Monday February 2th at 15.00h we welcome you all to our SmallTalk seminar series. You are welcome to join us in lecture hall Kollektorn, MC2 with fika or on zoom.
Our speaker is Martina Olsson, Doctoral Student, Materials Physics, Physics. The seminar is titled “​Multiscale X-ray imaging of pharmaceutical dosage forms”.
Abstract:
X-ray imaging is an indispensable tool in material science, providing insights on the internal structure and properties of materials. With the continued development of synchrotron facilities, the quality of data that can be extracted continues to improve, facilitating nanoscale imaging with enhanced speed and resolution. This SmallTalk presents a correlative X-ray imaging methodology combining ptychographic X-ray computed nanotomography and scanning small and wide-angle X-ray scattering. This approach enables multiscale characterization of materials spanning from the nano to millimeter scale. To showcase the developed methodology, we demonstrate structural analysis of a pharmaceutical dosage form, linking the nanostructure and micron morphology to the processing conditions and properties of the material.
The seminar is divided into two parts, where the first part consists of a pure overview of the field and is held on a generally accessible level (10 min). The second part will be more technical (15-20 minutes).
Looking forward to seeing you live or on Zoom: https://chalmers.zoom.us/j/61929604403#success
Best regards,
Angela, Nils, Christoph, and Janine