[Agda] More rewrite woes

Philip Wadler wadler at inf.ed.ac.uk
Sun Jan 9 16:56:15 CET 2022

I've attached code where a rewrite should work but does not. There are many
places in the full development where I encounter similar issues. Rewrite
works fine in the original definition of left-id, but not in the subsequent
attempt to prove reflᴹ. Any advice on how to fix it?

The file is cut down from the original---I apologise that it is still
rather lengthy. The issue with rewrite appears at the end. I am using Agda
version 2.6.1.1-fce01db.

Thank you for your help! Go well, -- P

.   \ Philip Wadler, Professor of Theoretical Computer Science,
.   /\ School of Informatics, University of Edinburgh
.  /  \ and Senior Research Fellow, IOHK
. http://homepages.inf.ed.ac.uk/wadler/