[Agda] More rewrite woes

Jason Hu fdhzs2010 at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 9 17:38:54 CET 2022

Hi Phil,

Your rewrite is an no-op, because the goal does not have the corresponding left hand side:

Goal: reflᴳ ⊢ M ↑ p ≤ᴹ M ↑ p ⦂ id
Have: (id ⨟ p) ≡ p

You can apply reflexivity to rewrite all p to (id ⨟ p) but this is not want you want. In Agda you cannot specify which p to rewrite so I suppose this is a limitation. There is nothing wrong with the current solution you have.

Thanks,
Jason Hu