[Agda] Understanding Glue

Andreas Nuyts andreas.nuyts at kuleuven.be
Wed May 20 13:06:04 CEST 2020

Hi Thorsten,

Your implementation is also what Orton and Pitts do in their internal
model of cubical type theory:
https://doi.org/10.23638/LMCS-14(4:23)2018

They rely on an additional axiom, the strictness axiom, to strictify
MyGlue so that it actually extends T.

Note that this implementation only relies on one direction of the
equivalence. This is the only direction needed to form Glue (up to iso
or relying on the strictness axiom) as a pre-type. The other direction
is needed to make it Kan fibrant.
I am now puzzled by the fact that this means that you can define a
non-Kan type in cubical Agda. I guess "Partial" is a non-fibrant type
former? Does Agda somehow prevent the user to exploit Kan-fibrancy of
types constructed using "Partial"?

Best regards,
Andreas