[Agda] Understanding Glue

Thorsten Altenkirch Thorsten.Altenkirch at nottingham.ac.uk
Wed May 20 13:13:30 CEST 2020

Thank you for your reply, Andreas.

I am now puzzled by the fact that this means that you can define a non-Kan type in cubical Agda. I guess "Partial" is a non-fibrant type former? Does Agda somehow prevent the user to exploit Kan-fibrancy of types constructed using "Partial"?

Yes, in the moment agda puts it into the universe Setω which is a stop gap for having a non-fibrant universe. As I mentioned I switched off universe checking which means I can pretend that this is fibrant.

Jesper implemented a better more principled solution where you can have both a hierarchy of fibrant and non-fibrant universes but the cubical library currently doesn’t use this.