[subexp-daq] nurdlib now under lgpl-2.1 and public

Hans Toshihide Törnqvist hans.tornqvist at chalmers.se
Thu May 16 23:20:04 CEST 2024

Dear all,

I have finally parsed all nurdlib files and slapped the LGPL-2.1 on the
ones that need it, reset the git history, and put the whole thing in
several public places:

https://github.com/hanstt/nurdlib
https://git.gsi.de/r3b/nurdlib
https://gitlab.com/chalmers-subexp/nurdlib
https://git.chalmers.se/expsubphys/nurdlib

I have extracted all authors for every file and the years of
modifications according to the git history, then I reset the history to
not have to worry about old mishaps (current and future ones I will have
to answer for...). The old repositories were renamed to nurdlib.pregpl21
but are otherwise available in the previous locations, just not publicly.

For the curious, I personally push to git.chalmers.se, which has lots of
CI images that are quite painful to reproduce elsewhere. That repo then
mirrors automatically to the other three.

The large number of options is mainly a test to see what works.
Eventually I would like to settle on "the one" or "the two" repos where
pull requests, issues, and possibly even a wiki, will be maintained. I
am open to suggestions and arguments!

I know of some recent changes (and not so recent ones...) by others
while I was doing this, those should be implemented soon, but please
remind me if I seem to have forgotten. I wanted to get this live and
done with after having postponed this for too long.

r3bfuser... Suppose that needs to happen too.

Best regards,
Hans