[subexp-daq] NURDLIB: - how to check which version is installed and how to update to the most recent version

Håkan T Johansson f96hajo at chalmers.se
Sun Jan 7 21:48:21 CET 2024

Dear Günter,

I would very much suggest to do the 'update' in a copy of the directory
tree that you are using, such that it is very easy to go back.  (Or go
between the systems.)

For the update, something along the lines:

git fetch origin   # or instead of 'origin' the shorthand you have for the
                    # remote repo

git log --all --decorate --graph --oneline --color   # just to see where
                                        # you are, and where you would go

git checkout mcal_daq_merge    # if that fails, try origin/mcal_daq_merge

You would want to run the git commands etc on the PC, but compilations of
code that runs on the RIO needs to be done on the RIO.

A 'make clean' is probbaly a healthy start.

But first - please make sure to work in copied directory tree.

Cheers,
Håkan