[Info.aoa-nano] SmallTalks [about Nanoscience] "Microfluidic platforms to evaluate the performance of nanomedicine in blood"

Nano nano at chalmers.se
Tue Oct 31 11:46:34 CET 2023

SmallTalks [about Nanoscience]
On Monday November 13th at 15.00h we welcome you all to our SmallTalks seminar series. You are welcome to join us in lecture hall Kollektorn, MC2 with fika or on zoom.
Our speaker is Elin Svensson, Project Assistant, Chemical Biology, Life Sciences. The seminar is titled “Microfluidic platforms to evaluate the performance of nanomedicine in blood​”.
Abstract:
Nanoparticles have the potential to revolutionize medicine by improving drug delivery. For instance, the function of the mRNA-based Covid-19 vaccines was enabled by using lipid nanoparticles. However, effectively delivering drugs to targeted organs or pathological niches, such as tumors or inflammation sites, remains a key challenge in nanomedicine. This SmallTalk will discuss using a microfluidic platform to construct a more realistic model compared to existing ones, enabling more accurate estimations of nanomedical behaviour in the human body. The seminar is divided into two parts, where the first part consists of a pure overview of the field and is held on a generally accessible level (10 min). The second part will be more technical (15-20 minutes).
Looking forward to seeing you live or on Zoom:  https://chalmers.zoom.us/j/63018620593#success
Best regards,
Alexandra, Philippe, Christoph, and Janine