[Info.aoa-nano] Nano AoA SmallTalk [about Nanoscience] "Atom Probe Tomography for Nanoscience applications”

Nano nano at chalmers.se
Tue Oct 3 09:26:50 CEST 2023

SmallTalk [about Nanoscience]
On Monday October 16th at 15.00h we welcome you all to our SmallTalk seminar series. You are welcome to join us in lecture hall Kollektorn, MC2 with fika or on zoom.
Our speaker is Gustav Eriksson, Doctoral Student, Applied Chemistry, Chemistry and Chemical Engineering. The seminar is titled “Atom Probe Tomography for Nanoscience applications”.
Abstract:
Atom Probe Tomography (APT) is a powerful technique that reveal the structure of materials with near-atomic resolution. By removing and identifying atoms one at a time from a material, a 3D image revealing microstructure features can be obtained. Historically, this technique has only been available for metals and similar materials, but recent development has made it accessible to a wider range of functional materials. In this presentation, we will discuss the foundations of APT and how nanomaterials, biological materials and nanoscale features of functional materials can be studied using this technique.
The seminar is divided into two parts, where the first part consists of a pure overview of the field and is held on a generally accessible level (10 min). The second part will be more technical (15-20 minutes).
Looking forward to seeing you live or on Zoom:  https://chalmers.zoom.us/j/63018620593#success
Best regards,
Alexandra, Philippe, Christoph, and Janine