[Info.aoa-nano] SmallTalk [about Nanoscience] "Cell derived vesicles – friends or foes in Alzheimer’s disease"

Nano nano at chalmers.se
Mon May 22 09:36:12 CEST 2023

SmallTalk [about Nanoscience]
On Monday May 29th at 15.00h we welcome you all to our SmallTalk seminar series (the last one of the semester!). You are welcome to join us in lecture hall Kollektorn, MC2 with fika or on zoom.
Our speaker is Vesa Halipi, PhD student at Chemical Biology/LIFE Sciences. The seminar is titled “Cell derived vesicles – friends or foes in Alzheimer’s disease?​”.
Abstract:
Alzheimer’s disease is a neurodegenerative disorder that causes problems with thinking, memory, and behavior. Abnormal clumps of protein called amyloids play a central role in Alzheimer’s disease. Extracellular vesicles are released by all cells in our bodies and are believed to be important in Alzheimer’s disease, although their exact role is yet to be uncovered. We have studied the effect of extracellular vesicles on the formation of amyloids.
The seminar is divided into two parts, where the first part consists of a pure overview of the field and is held on a generally accessible level (10 min). The second part will be more technical (15-20 minutes).
Looking forward to seeing you live or on Zoom:  https://chalmers.zoom.us/j/63018620593#success
Best regards,
Alexandra, Philippe, Christoph, and Janine