[Info.aoa-nano] Smalltalks "A journey beyond limits: molecular engineering towards increased spatial resolution"

Nano nano at chalmers.se
Fri Dec 22 11:10:45 CET 2023

SmallTalk [about Nanoscience]
On Monday March 18th at 15.00h we welcome you all to our SmallTalk seminar series. You are welcome to join us in lecture hall Kollektorn, MC2 with fika or on zoom.
Our speaker is Carlos Benitez Martin, Visiting Researcher, Chemistry and Biochemistry, Chemistry and Chemical Engineering. The seminar is titled “​A journey beyond limits: molecular engineering towards increased spatial resolution”.
Abstract:
It comes with no doubts that light is essential, as it provides access to the majority of the findings that eventually build our knowledge. Among the wide variety of applications where this statement applies, this talk will focus on the biological field: the non-invasive nature of light in combination with fluorescent molecular tools constitutes a valuable means to study, for instances, the development of complex biological processes. Although an improved resolution translates into better observations and more accurate conclusions, this requires in most of the cases of changes in the detection technique and/or the instrument. Is there a way to overcome this limitation while using the same technique and/or instrument? "If you cannot change the engine, try changing the fuel."The seminar is divided into two parts, where the first part consists of a pure overview of the field and is held on a generally accessible level (10 min). The second part will be more technical (15-20 minutes).
Looking forward to seeing you live or on Zoom:  https://chalmers.zoom.us/j/61929604403
Best regards,
Angela, Nils, Christoph, and Janine