[Agda] Path to success with Agda?

Thorsten Altenkirch Thorsten.Altenkirch at nottingham.ac.uk
Thu Sep 1 16:57:07 CEST 2022

Yes, you have to normalize all previous constraints when you add a new one.

Thorsten
From: Agda <agda-bounces at lists.chalmers.se> on behalf of Andreas Nuyts <andreasnuyts at gmail.com>
Date: Thursday, 1 September 2022 at 12:09
To: Thorsten Altenkirch (staff) <psztxa at exmail.nottingham.ac.uk>, Andrew Pitts <Andrew.Pitts at cl.cam.ac.uk>, agda at lists.chalmers.se <agda at lists.chalmers.se>, Miëtek Bak <mietek at bak.io>
Subject: Re: [Agda] Path to success with Agda?
Hi,

I've been thinking along the lines of this smart case proposal when wondering about the possibility of judgemental naturality (w.r.t. the motive) of eliminators.

I think you have to be more careful when merging constraint sets: what if a new constraint n = b is added to a constraint set containing n' = b' where n' is blocked by the neutral subterm n? This situation doesn't seem to be addressed in the slides as they are.

Best,
Andreas N