[Agda] Formalization of a system dependently-typed records in Agda?

Jacques Carette carette at mcmaster.ca
Mon Apr 13 18:29:45 CEST 2020

As the subject says: are you aware of a formalization of a system of
dependently-typed records in Agda?  A module system would also be fine.

The most important requirement: it must be based on *names* for fields.
No de Bruijn levels / indices / what-have-you.  I understand the
meta-theory of Sigma types just fine, thanks. The part I am really
interested in are the subtleties involved when alpha-renaming is not
only not-free, it is meaningful. Records / modules with differently
named fields are different as far as humans are concerned, and this is
an important usability requirements that ought to be modeled too.

I have attempted to do this myself.  Adding a free-for predicate to
telescopes is not hard. What is hard is the exact specification of how
it should be preserved under renaming and substitution.

Jacques

PS: responses along the lines of "oh, you should use theory X" are
unlikely to be helpful.  I have pursued the rabbit hole of many
different X already, and they all hit some substantial brick walls when
came the time to truly be formal about it all.  Thus the important 'in
Agda' qualifier.