[Agda] Induction from Sigma?

Thorsten Altenkirch Thorsten.Altenkirch at nottingham.ac.uk
Thu Apr 9 11:49:58 CEST 2020

Hi Joey,

Sorry but your question doesn’t make much sense to me. Maybe you can tell us what you want to do in more elementary terms.

Btw, I don’t know what “(Foo , Foo)” is supposed to mean. We are not doing Haskell here. I guess you mean Foo x Foo?

You say that you want to show that “P holds for Foo”? What is P? It seems that you are thinking of a property of types. There are some properties of types, like being finite or having at most one element and so on, but not so many. And since all properties of types are closed under isomorphism P must also hold for them. I guess this means you could omit A anyway.

What does it mean that “P holds under isomorphism”?

Sorry,
Thorsten