[Agda] printing infinite structures

Thorsten Altenkirch Thorsten.Altenkirch at nottingham.ac.uk
Wed Feb 27 12:27:46 CET 2019

I know this paper. Is there a coinductive implementation of IO which I can use from interactive agda? If yes where is it described?

Thorsten

On 27/02/2019, 11:03, "Agda on behalf of Henning Basold" <agda-bounces at lists.chalmers.se on behalf of henning at basold.eu> wrote:

    What Guillaume refers to is the paper "Interactive Programs and Weakly
    Final Coalgebras in Dependent Type Theory", I suppose. However, this
    will not give you any printing methods, you still need to implement
    them yourself as commands that you evaluate later in the compilation
    stage. Also, since IO is implemented as cofree comonad, evaluation of
    elements in it will typically not terminate. Thus, in the end you will
    have to resort to some mechanism that cuts of evaluation again.

    That being said, maybe it's worthwhile to implement IO in the standard
    library and have a general abortion mechanism in the evaluation of
    compiled programs.

    Henning