[Agda] printing infinite structures

Henning Basold henning at basold.eu
Wed Feb 27 12:02:41 CET 2019

What Guillaume refers to is the paper "Interactive Programs and Weakly
Final Coalgebras in Dependent Type Theory", I suppose. However, this
will not give you any printing methods, you still need to implement
them yourself as commands that you evaluate later in the compilation
stage. Also, since IO is implemented as cofree comonad, evaluation of
elements in it will typically not terminate. Thus, in the end you will
have to resort to some mechanism that cuts of evaluation again.

That being said, maybe it's worthwhile to implement IO in the standard
library and have a general abortion mechanism in the evaluation of
compiled programs.

Henning