[Agda] installing agda-master with cabal on ubuntu

Oleg Grenrus oleg.grenrus at iki.fi
Thu Feb 21 11:31:43 CET 2019

Hi Rick,

to install agda master locally you can simply do:

    touch doc/user-manual.pdf
    cabal v2-install agda agda-mode

I.e. you have to generate doc/user-manual.pdf before the package is built.
v2-install works by making an actual sdist tarball, and installing from
the tarball
(very similar to installing from Hackage: tarball is downloaded and then
installed).
All extra-source-files must be present, therefore also doc/user-manual.pdf
That explains why v2-build works and v2-install doesn't.

I don't know how to properly build doc/user-manual.pdf - but for local
installing it can be left empty.

- Oleg