[Agda] installing agda-master with cabal on ubuntu

rick rick at rickmurphy.org
Wed Feb 20 16:26:54 CET 2019

Thanks in advance.

I am updating my install to agda-master using the new cabal commands.

After a github clone, Cabal new-build appears to build without error
ending in the following :

/home/rick/agda-master/src/data/lib/prim/Agda/Primitive/Cubical.agda
setup: filepath wildcard 'doc/user-manual.pdf' does not match any files.

It creates a dist-newstyle folder with build, cache, packagedb, sdist
and tmp directories.

cabal new-install --lib appears to install without error ending in the
following :
resolving dependencies ... up to date

However, cabal list --installed does not list Agda and Agda is not
listed as a package under ~/.cabal/packages or ~/.cabal/lib.

Do I just copy my Agda-2.6.0 directory into ~/.cabal/packages?

I can execute agda interactively, etc. I'd just like to get the
packaging right.

--
rick