[Agda] rewriting before defining

Thorsten Altenkirch Thorsten.Altenkirch at nottingham.ac.uk
Wed Feb 28 19:07:23 CET 2018

Hi,

I am mutually defining an equality and some other things. To be able to type check the other things I need the equality as a rewriting rule but agda doesn't let me.

That is I get the error
Rewrite rule from function  Skm-∘  cannot be added before the function definition
when checking the pragma REWRITE Skm-∘
when checking the attached file.

I know that I am cheating but I want to do it. Can I tell it that I am a doctor and I know what I am doing. Otherwise I shouldn't be allowed to use Rewrite anyway.

Yes, I can replace it by a postulate but that misses the point.

Cheers,
Thorsten

attachment.

where permitted by law.