[Agda] installing/using 2.6.0-207bde6

Sergei Meshveliani mechvel at botik.ru
Tue Aug 15 19:20:45 CEST 2017

On Tue, 2017-08-15 at 13:20 +0200, G. Allais wrote:
> Hi Sergey,
>
> The problem does not lie with Ulf's Prelude or Agda's standard
> library but rather with Agda itself. You need to upgrade to
> (at least) the commit Ulf is pointing at.

I understood this from Ulf's reply. Thank you, and Ulf.

I have installed the current Development Agda (2.6.0-c9e11c1).
And it dos not type-check a certain module which is type-checked by
Agda of April 13, 2017.
Now I am reducing the example, it may occur a bug.

> Alternatively you could wait a bit and port your library to the
> next stable version which is about to be released. The installation
> instructions for your users will then be a lot simpler (basically:
> cabal install Agda-2.5.3).

I need to submit a certain paper before August 20, and it is desirable
to set there a reference to an working program.
The paper is so, that it is much better to refer to an working program.

I think of doing so:
to release DoCon-A-2.00 for this purpose, so far,
and then, to release DoCon-A-2.01 after the stable Agda appears.

If I am not in time with 2.00, then I would refer to the program as
somewhat
"to hopefully appear at this <address> within several days".

The subtle point is that it _did work_ under Agda of April 13, 2017,
but I cannot instruct in  install.txt  of how the used can reproduce
my situation in which it worked. This was a surprise for me.

Regards,

------
Sergei