[Agda] how to reference to a version

Sergei Meshveliani mechvel at botik.ru
Thu Dec 8 20:43:33 CET 2016

On Thu, 2016-12-08 at 19:30 +0100, Ulf Norell wrote:
> Each commit of Agda contains a reference to the particular commit of
> the standard library
> that it has been tested with. To find out which one you can do the
> following (after checking
>
> out the commit of Agda that you are interested in):
>

> $ git submodule init
> Submodule 'std-lib' (https://github.com/agda/agda-stdlib) registered
> for path 'std-lib'
> $ git submodule update
> Cloning into 'std-lib'...
> Submodule path 'std-lib': checked out
> '7220ca3ee025e9339aa8e5d11efcd069764e7977'
> $ cd std-lib
> $ git status
> HEAD detached at 7220ca3
>

> So the commit of the standard library that works with the Agda commit
> I tested this on is
> 7220ca3. This is probably the easiest way for your users to get a
> compatible version of
> the standard library as well, saving them the trouble of keeping track
> of two commit hashes.

I am trying to find out what is the whole installation process.

For example, I have downloaded  agda-2.5.2-dc9ffae
by running the commands

  > git clone https://github.com/agda/agda.git
  > cd agda
  > git checkout dc9ffae

Then I install Agda by

  > cabal update
  > cabal install
  > agda-mode compile

Then I need to download the needed Standard library version.
To do this, I command

  > cd agda
  > git submodule init
  Submodule 'std-lib' (https://github.com/agda/agda-stdlib)
  registered for path 'std-lib'

  > git submodule update
  Cloning into std-lib...
  Submodule path 'std-lib': checked out
  '7220ca3ee025e9339aa8e5d11efcd069764e7977'

  > cd std-lib

Initially this directory was empty. And now is has the files of the
needed library version.
Right?

To install the library, I command

  > cabal install