[Agda] how to reference to a version

Ulf Norell ulf.norell at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 19:30:06 CET 2016

Each commit of Agda contains a reference to the particular commit of the
standard library
that it has been tested with. To find out which one you can do the
following (after checking
out the commit of Agda that you are interested in):

$ git submodule init
Submodule 'std-lib' (https://github.com/agda/agda-stdlib) registered for
path 'std-lib'
$ git submodule update
Cloning into 'std-lib'...
Submodule path 'std-lib': checked out
'7220ca3ee025e9339aa8e5d11efcd069764e7977'
$ cd std-lib
$ git status
HEAD detached at 7220ca3

So the commit of the standard library that works with the Agda commit I
tested this on is
7220ca3. This is probably the easiest way for your users to get a
compatible version of
the standard library as well, saving them the trouble of keeping track of
two commit hashes.

/ Ulf