[Agda] upgrading from 2.4.* to 2.5.1.1 (agda2-include-dirs problem)

Jacques Carette carette at mcmaster.ca
Mon Oct 17 19:23:21 CEST 2016

Thanks, that was it.  Below for more details.

On 2016-10-16 05:25 PM, Nils Anders Danielsson wrote:
> On 2016-10-14 22:25, Jacques Carette wrote:
>> Try as I might, I can't seem to 'unset' agda2-include-dirs. I am not
>> sure where this is coming from (definitely not my .emacs). How can I
>> tell?
>
> The following command complains if the variable is set:
>
>   (if (boundp 'agda2-include-dirs)
>       (error "The variable is set"))
>
> If you insert this command somewhere in your .emacs and restart Emacs,
> then you can tell if the variable has been set at that position.
> (Assuming that the .emacs file is evaluated when you start Emacs. This
> may not be the case, for instance if you have compiled your .emacs.)
>
> Another option would be to grep for agda2-include-dirs in all your .el
> files, and hope that the variable is not set in some .elc file without a
> corresponding .el file.

It turns out that, on a Mac, Aquamacs stores a lot of preferences (and
similar information) in "~/Library/Preferences/Aquamacs Emacs" in a
variety of .el files.  Once I removed the offending ones, which did set
agda2-include-dirs, this (almost!) started to work.

I had set up a correct 'libraries' file, but I had not set up a
'defaults' file, as it wasn't obvious from the documentation that I
needed both, as I am indeed using 2 libraries (the standard library and
copumpkin/tomprince's categories library).