[Agda] An Agda proof of the Church-Rosser theorem

Andrea Vezzosi sanzhiyan at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 14:10:34 CEST 2015

Hi Russel,

I have not read the code fully, but I can see that you also got
trapped into writing loads of boilerplate code to do proofs that are
mostly induction + congruence.

I'd be really interested in figuring out how to avoid these parts.

If we are trying to be very structured there would be something like
generic traversals from "scrap your boilerplate" haskell libraries,
with provided reasoning principles that allow proofs to only speak
about the interesting cases.

However it might be more realistic to define a tactic that just tries
to use congruence and otherwise fails, but still I don't know what the
interface would be for handling cases where that does not work without
having to write out the whole proof instead.

Cheers,
Andrea