[Agda] ANNOUNCE: Agda 2.4.2.3 release candidate

Mateusz Kowalczyk fuuzetsu at fuuzetsu.co.uk
Sat May 23 08:56:35 CEST 2015

On 05/19/2015 04:56 AM, Andrés Sicard-Ramírez wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We would like to announce a release candidate for Agda 2.4.2.3:
>
>   https://github.com/agda/agda/archive/2.4.2.2.20150518.tar.gz
>
> This RC can be installed using the following instructions:
>
>   $ tar xzf 2.4.2.2.20150518.tar.gz
>   $ cd Agda-2.4.2.2.20150518.tar.gz
>   $ cabal install
>
> Important changes since Agda 2.4.2.2:
>
>   https://github.com/agda/agda/blob/2.4.2.2.20150518/CHANGELOG
>
> Please test as much as possible.
>
> Best,

I have used it to build multiple Agda libraries with whatever version
they were at in nixpkgs today:

NIX_PATH="nixpkgs=$HOME/programming/nixpkgs" nix-build -j1 -A
AgdaSheaves -A agdaPrelude -A pretty -A TotalParserCombinators -A
bitvector -A agdaBase -A AgdaStdlib --no-out-link

The ‘categories’ library did not build though it does not seem to be a
problem with Agda itself[1]. The standard library used was from 2.4.2.3
branch on GitHub.

So to me it looks like it works. I think we will be switching to 2.4.2.3
as soon as it's properly out. Thanks for your work!

For any nix person, the overrides which I used to test this are at [2].
Everyone else can safely ignore this.

Thanks again.

[1]: https://github.com/copumpkin/categories/issues/11
[2]: http://lpaste.net/8892958506261413888