[HoTT] Re: [Agda] Univalence via Agda's primTrustMe?

Vladimir Voevodsky vladimir at ias.edu
Mon Jan 19 17:09:52 CET 2015

>> If so, would it be good enough to show strong normalization, plus:
>>
>>  For every closed term M of type nat, either
>>  a) M has a beta reduction,
>>  b) M is zero, or
>>  c) M is suc N for some closed term N of type nat

The term of type nat is assumed to be closed (empty context, other than the univalence axiom).

The strong normalization comes from the ambient theory (CIC or whatever version of it one considers).

But there are many terms of type nat that are in the normal form and are not O or a successor. Basically any term constructed using univalence.
This is what makes the conjecture difficult.

Vladimir.