[Agda] How much memory do I need to compile Agda 2.4.2?

Gyesik Lee leegys at gmail.com
Sat Sep 27 16:11:28 CEST 2014

I had some problems with installing Agda 2.4.2.

I am using Ubuntu 14.04 as a virtual machine on Windows 7 PC host.

The compilation process almost stopped at the compilation step [173 of
271]. It seemed to freeze the virtual machine which has 1.5G of memory.
Then I gave 1G memory more to the machine, then it worked.

However, 2.5G of memory seems insufficient for another Ubuntu virtual
machine on Mac Air. The compilation proceeds a little bit more, but it
fails finally with a kind of "out of memory" around step [250 of 271]:

"...
Agda-2.4.2 failed during the building phase. The excpetion was:
ExitFailure 9
This may be due to an out-of-memory condition."

The problem is I cannot give more memory to the virtual machine because the
mac machine has only 4G of memory.

I am wondering why so much memory is necessary to compile Agda 2.4.2?

Gyesik