[Agda] Re: panic error message on Windows

Aaron Stump aaron-stump at uiowa.edu
Thu Feb 20 17:55:41 CET 2014

Hi, Andrea.

On 02/20/2014 10:12 AM, Andrea Vezzosi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> That's quite unfortunate, do you still need a workaround?

Thanks for asking!  I am telling people not to use Adobe products while
running Agda on Windows 8.  Bad news for Adobe, right?  :-)

> I guess one option would be to use a directory next to the file agda
> is working on, rather than the temp directory.

Yes, if Agda had a command-line flag to set the temporary directory, or
something like this, that would help with this problem.  But Agda is
just calling a Haskell library function for opening the temp file, I
think, so that would require a little more of a change to the Agda code,
to set the temporary directory.  I would imagine it should not be hard,
though.

Aaron