[Agda] another possible without-K problem

drl at cs.cmu.edu drl at cs.cmu.edu
Wed Jul 10 18:17:20 CEST 2013

I'm a bit confused about what you mean by p and q here.  Do you mean
"how do you prove that bool is an hset?"  You can prove that the
identity type at bool is equivalent to the recursive equality predicate
(Eq True True = Unit, Eq True False = Void, etc.) using an encode-decode
argument.  See
http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~drl/pubs/ls13pi1s1/ls13pi1s1.pdf
for the analogous argument for coproducts.

Then you know that for all b1,b2, b1 == b2 is equivalent to an hprop, so
you can use the fact that hprop(X) respects equivalence (either by using
univalence, or by spelling out the proof explicitly for hprop(X)).

This proof will use J + large elims.

-Dan