[Agda] Performance improvements (Agda devel)

Sergei Meshveliani mechvel at botik.ru
Sun Jun 23 10:46:42 CEST 2013

On Sat, 2013-06-22 at 20:27 +0200, Andreas Abel wrote:
> Hi Agda users,
>
> if you have some large terms in you developments and have not pulled
> Agda recently, it might be worth trying.

Probably, `terms' means expressions here,
and ``to pull'' means ``to download''.
For any occasion -- do I guess right?

As a summary, do you mean
``if you have not a fresh development Agda version of  darcs'' ?

>  I have implemented some
> performance improvements that are probably noticeable if you use records
> a lot.  The relevant patches concern "issue 854".
>
> James reported a reduction of memory consumption from 12GB to 3GB for
> one of his developments.
>
> In case you see similar improvements, please reply to this message.
>
> For fresh bugs you pull we have the bug tracker. ;-)

I never tried development versions, nor patches.
How to get the version that you mean? Is it by
                       darcs get --lazy http://code.haskell.org/Agda
?

------
Sergei