[Agda] Infinite proofs

Daniel Peebles pumpkingod at gmail.com
Sat Apr 20 07:06:35 CEST 2013

You can't prove them equal in Agda, and you probably shouldn't be able to
in Coq either (it breaks subject reduction) but you can anyway.

The usual solution is to define a custom equivalence relation
(bisimulation) that's also coinductive and indexed by your stream, and then
to use that instead of equality. If we had a fancier notion of equality,
this would work, but with plain old intensional equality and nothing else,
it shouldn't be possible.