[Agda] Recursive Sets / refine vs. load

Altenkirch Thorsten psztxa at exmail.nottingham.ac.uk
Wed Mar 28 13:52:05 CEST 2012

Could you make this more precise, Andreas?

It seems that the approach using equations also exploits that we define
everything top-level.
I don't see how to generalize this in a way which would extend uniformly
to eliminators appearing
anywhere. But maybe this is just my limitation...

Cheers,
Thorsten

On 27/03/2012 21:07, "Andreas Abel" <andreas.abel at ifi.lmu.de> wrote:

> Well, you could make sense of this, even if thinking it as a case.
> But then, the boundary between type-checked code that can be evaluated
> and not-yet-type-checked code is within terms, not only declarations.
>
> Cheers,
> Andreas
>
> On Sun, 25 Mar 2012 16:55:36 +0100, Altenkirch Thorsten wrote:
>> To me pattern matching is just a shorthand for using eliminators such
>> as case. In this view it is hard to make sense of your suggestion.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Thorsten
>>
>> Sent from my iPad
>>
>> On 24 Mar 2012, at 22:13, "Nils Anders Danielsson" <nad at chalmers.se>
>> wrote:

>>> [...]
>>>
>>> Because (non-mutual) definitions are not unfolded before they have
>>> been
>>> type-checked. Unfortunately this does not apply to goals: Agda