[Agda] Building with GHC 7.4

Dirk Ullrich dirk.ullrich at googlemail.com
Fri Dec 23 03:42:47 CET 2011

Hi Martin

2011/12/22 Martin Escardo <m.escardo at cs.bham.ac.uk>:
> Nice. But would you mind giving instructions of how this is to be applied?
> (As an addendum to the installation guidelines in the Agda wiki.)
>
> I use different machines with different versions of ubuntu. What I did in
> order to be able to have agda 2.3.0 in the latest version of ubuntu (which
> has GHC 7.4) was to build it in an older version of ubuntu (with an older
> version of GHC), and then copy the .cabal directory from the old version to
> the new one, and this worked.
>
> Best wishes,
> Martin

I forgot to mention that the patch was for the Darcs version of Agda.
So it was (meant to be) a Darcs patch for applying by `darcs apply'.
But I've just noticed that even this does not work. (Never try to use
a version control system you are not familiar with ;-) ...)

So I've redone the patch - this time in unified diff format. Now it
can be used both for Agda from Darcs and for the last stable version
2.3.0: After saving the patch at, say `/tmp/ghc-7.4.diff' simply issue
an
  patch -p1 < /tmp/ghc-7.4.patch
from within the source tree.

I now have checked the patch both for Agda 2.3.0 and the Darcs version
by building each of them both by GHC 7.2.2 and 7.4.1-rc1 (the GHCs are
compiled from source on Debian Testing).

Dirk