[Agda] Install failure

Martin Escardo m.escardo at cs.bham.ac.uk
Wed Mar 23 14:14:11 CET 2011

Good. I can go a bit further after this, but then I get stuck at

$ cabal install happy haskell-src-exts-1.9.6 Agda

I get:

Linking
/tmp/haskell-src-exts-1.9.618636/haskell-src-exts-1.9.6/dist/setup/setup ...
Configuring haskell-src-exts-1.9.6...
setup: happy version >=1.17 is required but it could not be found.
Agda-2.2.10 depends on haskell-src-exts-1.9.6 which failed to install.
haskell-src-exts-1.9.6 failed during the configure step. The exception was:
ExitFailure 1
mhe at escardo-desktop:~$

The I do:

$ cabal install happy

That works. But then I do

$ cabal install haskell-src-exts-1.9.6

And then get the above error message again.

What have I overlooked this time?

Thanks,
Martin