[Agda] Patch for compilation with GHC-7

Nils Anders Danielsson nad at Cs.Nott.AC.UK
Tue Nov 2 14:38:48 CET 2010

On 2010-11-02 01:49, kahl at cas.mcmaster.ca wrote:

> Since I am still getting segfaults and GHC-run-time-system errors
> with GHC-6.12.3 and Agda-2.2.8, I am now trying GHC-7 for comparison.

Are these errors caused by GHC, or should we try to do something about
them? If so, can you please open a ticket on the bug tracker?

> That patch should be completely harmless for GHC-6,
> and I therefore propose it for inclusion into the Agda repository.

Thanks. One small problem:

   $ darcs apply 2010-11-01_GHC7_signatures.patch

   darcs failed:  Patch bundle failed hash!
   This probably means that the patch has been corrupted by a mailer.
   The most likely culprit is CRLF newlines.

> (Now if I say ``make install'', it surprises me by trying to do ``cabal
>   update'', and I do not have cabal-install (consciously).
>   Would it be possible to remove that dependency on cabal-install again?

Yes, but I don't plan to do this. You could patch your local Makefile.

>   cabal-install is a big pain with several GHC installations,
>   and an even bigger pain with GHC HEAD or release candidates.
> )

I have nine versions of GHC installed, and can easily choose which one
to use to build Agda:

   make CABAL_OPTIONS="--with-compiler=<path to ghc>" install

   Re: Advice on Multiple GHC installations
   http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.haskell.glasgow.user/18399/focus=18403

--
/NAD