[Agda] Patch for compilation with GHC-7

kahl at cas.mcmaster.ca kahl at cas.mcmaster.ca
Tue Nov 2 02:49:51 CET 2010

Since I am still getting segfaults and GHC-run-time-system errors
with GHC-6.12.3 and Agda-2.2.8, I am now trying GHC-7 for comparison.
Since GHC-7 does not have let-polymorphism once certain extensions are
enabled, more type signatures are now necessary in let/where clauses.

With the patch below, Agda, the library, compiles without profiling,
but I get a core-lint error with profiling:

That patch should be completely harmless for GHC-6,
and I therefore propose it for inclusion into the Agda repository.

Of course I also had to do some version-limit bumping in Agda.cabal
and similar in the dependencies.

(Now if I say ``make install'', it surprises me by trying to do ``cabal
 update'', and I do not have cabal-install (consciously).
 Would it be possible to remove that dependency on cabal-install again?
 cabal-install is a big pain with several GHC installations,
 and an even bigger pain with GHC HEAD or release candidates.
)

Wolfram