[Agda] Dependencies for compiling agda, principal question

Nils Anders Danielsson nad at Cs.Nott.AC.UK
Tue Apr 20 17:06:12 CEST 2010

On 2010-04-20 15:07, Darin Morrison wrote:
> On 20 Apr 2010, at 14:38, Randy Pollack wrote:

>> Suggestion: make a Virtual Box exported image available for each
>> release.
>
> A good suggestion, but it would be quite a bit of extra work for the
> current developers to maintain I believe. If someone wanted to
> contribute them to the project though I would imagine they'd be more
> than welcome.

I have never tried using virtualisation in this way. My uninformed guess
is that they would not see much use:

• It seems far-fetched that many people would install a full operating
  system image just to try out the language.

• On the other hand, people who really want to use the language are
  likely to want to do so in their regular working environment.

--
/NAD