[Agda] Agda interface generation memory consumption

Darin Morrison dwm at Cs.Nott.AC.UK
Tue Feb 16 14:05:15 CET 2010

On 16 Feb 2010, at 10:58, Nils Anders Danielsson wrote:

>> I noticed that I cannot compile the lastest Agda development version
>> with my GHC-6.10.4 --- are you consciously abondoning GHC-6.10 already now?
>> GHC-6.12 apparently does not work on PowerPC  :-(
>
> Apparently Darin's new patches broke GHC 6.10.4 compatibility. Darin,
> can you comment on this?

The cabal support patches target 6.12.x due to changes in the database interface and the Cabal library that were introduced recently.  At the moment I am not focusing on maintaining compatibility with 6.10.x because it seems like unnecessary extra work.  Once cabal support has stabilized in the development version of Agda, I will take another look at backwards compatibility. Eventually though, 6.12.x will be released with an upcoming version of the Haskell platform anyway.

As for 6.12 on PowerPC, are you sure it does not work?  I don't see a package on the GHC website but I would have thought it would still be possible to compile your own.

Cheers,
Darin