[Agda] install trouble

Nils Anders Danielsson nad at Cs.Nott.AC.UK
Mon Feb 16 12:45:31 CET 2009

On 2009-02-16 10:42, Pierre Hyvernat wrote:

> I first tried to install it on my laptop (debian, amd64). No binaries...

Liyang, can you build 64-bit packages?

> I then tried to install it on my older desktop computer (debian, ix86),
> but there were some broken dependencies for agda-mode.

Can you give details?

>> If you decide to install manually, then I suggest that you use
>> cabal-install,

> It might be a good idea to add that in the README file.

Can you first verify that the installation script I gave you works?

> (Concerning installation: is the Makefile of any real use?)

Using the Makefile is not the recommended way to build Agda; I don't
know if it works.

>> My guess is that GHCi has died because of the problem above, with Emacs
>> still waiting for output from GHCi.
>
> Isn't there a way to detect that, so that Emacs doesn't hang forever.
> (Granted, there is C-g, but this is not satisfying...)

We depend on the haskell-ghci library for reading output from GHCi, and
this library does not seem to support this use case. It would be nice if
the communication with GHCi was more asynchronous, though; patches are
welcome, as always.

--
/NAD