[Agda] Simple Agda Libraries

James McKinna james at fixedpoint.org
Mon Jan 12 09:35:44 CET 2009

Thanks Wouter for this (admittedly retrograde) step.

As a very old-fashioned person, I nevertheless love the mixfixes in
Agda, while loathing the Unicode, because ... I just have not learned to
upgrade my typing style/my mental model of what keystrokes turn into
what glyphs (and I am getting a bit old to learn a set of character
tables/ \uxxxx escapes by rote, I reckon).

I know this isn't just old-fashionedness, but the ingrained Anglo
cultural bias which ASCII and ASCII keyboards have left us with, and
which it would be good to outgrow (I guess everyone else had previously
to learn a lot of escape sequences and tables for Chinese and Japanese,
bvb.).

As well as supporting Wouter's idea, could the Unicode experts offer
some insight into how to migrate to using it effectively?

Apologies for the naivete of the question, but it is meant seriously.

James