[Agda] Re: [Coq-Club] Re: Agda beats Coq

Aaron Bohannon bohannon at cis.upenn.edu
Mon Nov 24 23:19:37 CET 2008

I reviewed the previous coq-list thread on coinduction and I
understand why people are not completely happy with the current
situation.  Among the proposals for remedying the situation was the
suggestion that we add an axiom asserting that bisimilarity implies
intentional equality for each datatype.  I take this to mean that some
people believe this to be sound, although I am apparently not the only
to stop and question it.  Of course, this is a moot point for
datatypes where you could actually build a proof in Coq of such a
proposition.  Does the proof rely on some other axioms?  Do you mind
sharing your proof or a reference to one?

 - Aaron