[Agda] Re: Avoid GHC 6.10.1 (for now)

Nils Anders Danielsson nad at Cs.Nott.AC.UK
Thu Nov 13 14:02:04 CET 2008

On 2008-11-13 12:44, Makoto Takeyama wrote:

> On Windows, binary-0.4.4 + GHC-6.10.1 does not seem to solve the
> problem (It is unsuable with the memory usage going through the roof)

If this is the case, please file a bug report. I can't see why GHC would
do these high-level optimisations differently under different OSes,
though. Perhaps you have stumbled upon a different problem.

> But, binary-0.4.4 (and hence bytestring-0.9.1.4) + GHC-6.8.3 does not
> seem to compile because some precompiled library code expects
> bytestring-0.9.0.1.1, it seems.

It works fine for me; cabal-install pulls in the necessary dependencies
automatically. I would suggest that you use cabal-install for the
Windows distribution, since it makes the update feature more robust. Is
this possible?

--
/NAD