[Agda] Agda and Aquamacs

Sean Leather sean.leather at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 14:56:27 CEST 2008

Hi,

On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 14:39, Nils Anders Danielsson <
nils.anders.danielsson at gmail.com> wrote:

> If Monaco can handle most of the characters used in the standard
> library, and is installed by default under MacOS, then we should make
> it the default for Agda under MacOS. If this is the case, can some
> Mac-user update agda2-mode.el?

I would be happy to help; however, I am not at all familiar with Emacs, let
alone Elisp. I see the following lines in agda2-mode.el

(defcustom agda2-fontset-spec
  (concat
   "-misc-fixed-medium-r-normal-*-15-*-*-*-*-*-fontset-agda2"
   (cond
    ((eq window-system 'w32) ",
    ascii:-Misc-Fixed-Medium-R-Normal--15-140-75-75-C-90-ISO8859-1,

with a list of other fonts that follow. So, I'm guessing one needs to add
another condition for Mac, but I don't quite know how.

If you give me a pointer in a direction to go, I'll try something.
Otherwise, I'll test changes.

The reason for changing the default font of the current frame when the
> Agda mode is started is to ensure that a decent font with good support
> for Unicode symbols is used. However, no one has provided a default
> setting for Macs yet.

Perhaps I'm missing something, but why is it that the frame that loses focus
change to another font? The frame that opens with the new file does open
with my default font.

Sean