[Agda] Agda and Aquamacs

Sean Leather sean.leather at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 23:37:44 CEST 2008

Hi,

I'm using Aquamacs[1], an Emacs derivative, on the Mac to work with Agda.
I've tried just about every possible graphical Emacs option available, and
Aquamacs seems to work the best. It's a nice editor (excluding the fact that
I'm not an Emacs user), but I'm having at least one annoying problem with
it.

I have set the default font to 12-pt Monaco. Suppose I have a window X with
some file (it doesn't matter what) open in Aquamacs. Then, I open an Agda
file in a new window Y. The text of window X changes to a proportional (not
fixed-pitch) font (Abadi MT Condensed Extra Bold, which happens to be first
in the list, alphabetically). The text in Y is Monaco as I would expect. If
I open a non-Agda file in Y instead, the font of X does not change.

I know at least one other person who has the exact same problem. Has anybody
else seen this and/or figured out how to fix it?

Thanks,
Sean