[Agda] aquamacs gremlins

Dan Licata drl at cs.cmu.edu
Fri Feb 29 21:34:21 CET 2008

I don't know about Aquamacs, but I've run into different strange
behavior using a Carbon version of emacs on my Intel mac.  The
particular version I'm using is:

  GNU Emacs 22.1.50.1 (i386-apple-darwin8.11.1, Carbon Version 1.6.0)
  of 2008-01-17 on seijiz.local

  from
  http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/unix_open_source/carbonemacspackage.html

The symptoms I observe:

On the very first agda file that I open after starting emacs, there is
no syntax highlighting, and my agda2-mode-hook does not get run.
However, if I open another file (or close that one and open it again),
then everything is fine.

The same emacs config files work fine on the Linuxy version of Emacs
21.2.1 that came installed on the mac (but without x support), so I'm
not sure if it's the carbon build or a compatibility problem between
agda mode and emacs 22.

But if you're not tied to aquamacs and there is a carbon version that
runs on your machine, you might be able to use that instead.

-Dan