[Agda] aquamacs gremlins

Conor McBride conor at strictlypositive.org
Fri Feb 29 18:30:44 CET 2008

Hi folks

I've tried reinstalling Agda 2 on my old PPC G4 Mac
(upgrading GHC while I was about it). I did the darcs
get thing. And now I nearly have a working system,
which is definitely progress.

Now I'm trying to make the thing work with Aquamacs.
I was hoping that these (edited highlights) lumps of
.emacs would be enough

   (add-to-list 'load-path "/Users/ctm/lib/emacs/agda2-mode/")
   (autoload 'agda2-mode "agda2-mode" "Agda2 mode." t)
   (add-to-list 'auto-mode-alist '("\\.l?agda$" . agda2-mode))
   (modify-coding-system-alist 'file "\\.l?agda$" 'utf-8)

   (add-hook 'agda2-mode-hook
                '(lambda nil
                   (require 'quail)
                   (set-input-method 'TeX)
                   ))

But now when I load an agda file, I get no colours
(or other useful functionality) and the message...

   File mode specification error: (error "Font `fontset-agda2' is not
defined")

Oddly, when I use emacs in a terminal, I get colours,
although the extent management is a bit weird, and I
also get abuse about TeX input method.

Er, um, is anyone else using Agda2 with Aquamacs? I
guess I'm missing a trick: can anyone point me in the
right direction? Should I RTFM for some M I'm
neglecting? Any useful advice gratefully appreciated.

All the best

Conor