[Agda] non-constructor indices

Patrik Jansson patrikj at chalmers.se
Tue Jan 15 23:42:52 CET 2008

The panic is clearly a bug, and James proposed a work-around until that
has been fixed, but in general I think the version with the identity
proof "inside" the datatype is often the one to choose. Here is a variant:

  data Indexed : Nat -> Set where
    B : Indexed Z
    I : {n m k : Nat} {i : Id (plus n m) k} ->
        Indexed n -> Indexed m -> Indexed k

As to your problem with the termination checker, it cannot see
termination because the recursive call is "hidden by" / wrapped by
subst.  It would be interesting to investigate if the checker could be
told to "inline" definitions like that of subst.

/Patrik