[Smam] FW: [REMINDER] Webinar: "Tomographic reconstruction and uncertainty quantification with CUQIpy and the Core Imaging Library", Jun 15th 2023 at 2:00 PM (CEST)

Liebi Marianne marianne.liebi at psi.ch
Thu Jun 15 10:23:34 CEST 2023

From: <tomography-bridge-seminars-request at esrf.fr> on behalf of Nicola VIGANO <nicola.vigano at esrf.fr>
Reply to: Jerome Lesaint <jerome.lesaint at esrf.fr>
Date: Wednesday, 14 June 2023 at 18:29
To: "tomography-bridge-seminars at esrf.fr" <tomography-bridge-seminars at esrf.fr>
Cc: Jerome Lesaint <jerome.lesaint at esrf.fr>
Subject: [REMINDER] Webinar: "Tomographic reconstruction and uncertainty quantification with CUQIpy and the Core Imaging Library", Jun 15th 2023 at 2:00 PM (CEST)

Dear colleagues,

We remind you that our next seminar will be held tomorrow. You will receive the ZOOM connection details for the webinar only if you register here: https://univ-grenoble-alpes-fr.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJUtf--oqzgsE9HwZif6AtEIaQqGFUD3JZ9W.

Regards,

Jérôme and Nicola

Title: Tomographic reconstruction and uncertainty quantification with CUQIpy and
the Core Imaging Library
Speaker: Jakob Sauer Jørgensen (DTU)
June 15th 2023 at 2:00 pm / 14:00 (CEST)

Abstract:
Scientific discoveries in imaging increasingly depend on computational processing of the raw data, and the widespread uptake of advanced computational methods relies on powerful, yet easy-to-use, open-source software libraries. In this talk, we give an overview of two open-source Python libraries: The Core Imaging Library (CIL), available from https://ccpi.ac.uk/cil/, is a versatile framework for processing and especially optimization-based reconstruction of many types of CT data, including parallel and cone-beam, high-noise, dynamic and spectral CT, where data quality is low or in non-standard configurations.
CUQIpy (pronounced “cookie pie”), available from https://cuqi-dtu.github.io/CUQIpy/, is a new library for Bayesian inversion and computational uncertainty
quantification for inverse problems including CT reconstruction.  We show example applications for both libraries and discuss future directions.

Bio:
Jakob Sauer Jørgensen (https://orcid.org/0000-0001-9114-754X) is a senior researcher at the Technical University of Denmark and a Presidential Fellow from the University of Manchester. His current work focuses on algorithms and software for CT reconstruction and uncertainty quantification.
The link to connect to the webinar will be sent by e-mail.
To receive it, please register for free by clicking here: https://univ-grenoble-alpes-fr.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJUtf--oqzgsE9HwZif6AtEIaQqGFUD3JZ9W