[Nbp] Division's kick-off schedule (August 31st - September 1st) Varbergs Kusthotell

Betül Kücüköz kucukoz at chalmers.se
Fri Aug 18 10:57:24 CEST 2023

Dear all,

We would like announce the schedule and some important details for our Lunch to lunch Division kick-off activity at Varbergs Kusthotell. We are planning to have some scientific talks from our colleagues who are kindly accepted our invitation and we will also have team building activity.

  *   Team building activity is an outdoor activity we are hopping that weather will be nice and we will enjoy being outside. But be ready for any windy and rainy conditions, as we say in Sweden "Det finns inget dåligt vädret, bara dåliga kläder" "There is no bad weather, only bad clothes". Please bring proper clothes and shoes.
  *   Bus will leave at 10:30 sharp. So please be at Chalmers main library at 10:15. If you have any question regarding to bus please contact Pantea.
  *   If you would like to drive to hotel (or would like to leave earlier-not using the bus with us) please let us know in advance (me or Pantea) that we will not wait you for the bus. Also the ones who would like to come by car, you need to ask and pick-up parking permit in the reception.
  *   We will stay in single rooms at the hotel. We will have gym access but SPA is not included. SPA will cost 225kr per person per day. If you would like to use it you need to pay yourself.
  *   We will have 3 course dinner and 2 drinks will be included to dinner. You will receive your drink tickets from us (organizing committee) at the hotel.
  *
Please find the schedule below.

August 31

10:15 Gathering at Chalmers main library
10:30 Bus departs for Varbergs Kusthotell
12:15-13:15 Lunch
13:15 Introduction

13:30-15:00 Scientific session Chair: Gustav
                13:30     Georgii "Nonlinear nanophotonics with transition-metal dichalcogenides nanostructures"
                14:00     Alok -TBA
                14:30     Petteri -TBA

15:00-15:30 Coffee/tea break

16:00-17:30 Team Building Activity "Allt för laget" (outdoor)
18:30 Dinner

September 1

Breakfast
9:00-10:00 Scientific session Chair: Petteri
            09:00     Maria "Effect of steam explosion pre-treatment and enzymatic hydrolysis on the microstructure of Norway spruce wood"
            09:30     Oleg "Quantum vacuum engineering with uniaxial anisotropic media: from screening to enhancement of the Casimir potentials"

10:00-10:30 Coffee/tea break

10:30-11:30 Scientific session Chair: Julia (Pantea)
            10:30    Vasilii "High-Efficient Metagratings Designed by Machine Learning"
            11:00    Open Discussion

We will send updates when we receive more information! Meanwhile, if you have any question or feedback please do not hesitate to contact with me or organizing committee (Pantea, Gustav, Julia and Petteri).

Hope we will have great time together as last year!
Looking forward to meet you all!

All the best

Betül, Pantea, Gustav, Julia, Petteri
Betül Küçüköz, PhD
Research Engineer at Nano and Biophysics/Physics
Chalmers University of Technology
SE-412 96 Gothenburg, Sweden
Mobile:  +46(0)76 648 6517